Top 6 Reasons to Go Bulk
1. Bins are replenished often, so ingredients are super fresh.
2. You can buy as much or as little as you need, so you can experiment with new products without getting stuck with something you don’t like.
3. There’s much less wasteful packaging.
4. Mostof our bulk offerings are organically grown.
5. You save money because you’re not paying for the fancy labels.
6. When you shop bulk, you can actually see your food before you buy it, not just trust some fancy picture on a box.
Happy Bulk Shopping!
2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Turmeric
1 pinch Sea Salt
2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup toasted almond slices
Maple syrup, for serving
Cream or half/half, for serving
1.) The night before, heat the whole milk with the turmeric blend, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt. Let cool then combine with the rolled oats in large bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
2.) The next morning, divide the oats into 4 bowls and top with the toasted almond slivers, maple syrup, and half/half as desired.
You do not have to heat the milk and turmeric up but the flavor of the oats is a bit more pronounced if you do. Add additional spices such as cinnamon, clove or ginger for a sweet twist! Substitute dairy free milk or gluten free oats as desired. Enjoy!
Every year, individuals in the United States generate a total of 169 million tons of landfill waste. Food and food packaging comprises nearly 45% of this yearly landfill waste figure, which compels us all to think more seriously about how we purchase and consume food.
At Simple Abundance we are celebrating National Bulk Food Week by having all of our
self-serve bulk items on sale. You can also preorder and pay for full bags of rice, flour, grains, legumes, spices, teas, etc for a greater discount.